[d2l-consortium] D2L AIG teleconference, Friday, January 23,
petri.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 22 08:18:31 EST 2009
We will meet via teleconference:
Date: Friday, January 23.
Time: 11:00 to 12:00 Eastern
Location: (01) 614-247-6424, id number: 0490#
* Draft AIG participation survey. (Write Sandra if you will attend
and would like to see the draft prior to meeting.)
* Feedback on new UIUC collaboration application.
* D2L Help system.
* Other as time permits.
Previous Meeting Notes (January 9 teleconference):
* Kyle Mackie (Guelph)
* Hadi Rangin (UIUC)
* Sandra Earl (D2L)
* Dave Lockhart (D2L)
* Mark Felix (U of Arizona)
* Ken Petri (OSU, scribe)
N.B. Ken will miss all or part of the Friday telecon. We need a
volunteer for notes.
- Fusion 2009 presentations? Kyle on course content, coming out Guelph
conference in May. Could be respun for different venue. Question of
whether we should have a user-submitted session or a D2L sponsored
- UIUC collaboration application (current site replacement): Sandra
will take on main management of new site. New application: can have
multiple users for editing and selected privilege. Application is
mostly ready. Hadi will send information to Sandra and Dave and Mark
- D2L-run AIG page: Sandra: A way to submit problems straight to D2L.
Would contain information/ability on how to submit a concern straight
to D2L. Would also point to and repeat information from the
collaboration site. Essentially a D2L hosted means for simply finding
out what the collaboration is currently up to and what it has done.
- Question of a list for participants/discussion forum: Mark:
Multi-state list already exists, MSDL Tech, has a presence from D2L,
place where community of admins can post ideas and have access to
Sprint team, within D2L. Mark thinks they would like to have a bigger
- Overall on new tools for make collaboration run smoother and be more
visible: Dave and Sandra, brainstorming a way to better communicate
more broadly. No definite plans.
- Fusion and Klye a session on course content, do we want to do a more
technical session. Hadi: what about a session that highlights the
accessibility features of the product, not so much a before and after,
as a walk through of scenarios that demonstrate the accessibility of
the product. Something that is not an adjunct to the conference as
something that is part of the mainstream promotion of the product, a
session that illustrates the product. Would be great to attract folks
with more diverse experience.
- Educause: if Kyle wants to propose: good; if AIG or AHG group want,
this will be pushed by Terry Thompson. Blackboard has already
committed a person to the panel for Denver Educause. Can we get a
commitment from D2L?
- Terrific news: Sandra: D2L is now an approved vendor at California
State University System. CSU re-evaluated LMS systems, using a
pre-release version of Blackboard and the current D2L. Angel, Moodle,
Blackboard, and D2L are now approved vendors.
Survey: Sandra will send finalized questions to Ken, who will dump
them into SurveyGizmo and pass back the link (done).
OSU Web Accessibility Center
102D Pomerene Hall
1760 Neil Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Phone: (614) 292-1760
Fax: (614) 292-4190
mailto:petri.1 at osu.edu
More information about the d2l-consortium